The Michelson interferometer is the most common
configuration for optical interferometry and used in Physics & Optics
Lab in Educational Institutions. Supplied on a bread board table. Upgrade
facility to add parts to perform as Fabry Perot & Twyman Green
Michelson interferometer is an optical instrument of high precision and
versatility. It generally is used in investigations that involve small
changes in optical path lengths. With the Michelson interferometer, one can
produce circular and straight-line fringes of both monochromatic light and
white light. One can use these fringes to make an accurate comparison of
wavelengths, measure the refractive index of gases and transparent solids,
and determine small changes in length quite precisely. The instrument can be
used as a stable mode selecting resonator element in laser cavities as well.
The Michelson interferometer is perhaps the best known and most basic in a
family of interferometers which includes the Fabry-Perot interferometer, the
Twyman-Green interferometer and the Mach-Zehnder interferometer
The PRISM Make Michelson Interferometer is constructed on a Machined Steel
Base. High precision movable-mirror with smooth fine movement of 0.6 microns
facilitates fringe counting.
You can upgrade by adding few parts to work as Fabry Perot Interferometer &
Twyman Green Interferometer.
- Interference Fringes Observation
- Study of Equal Inclination, Equal Thickness & White Light
- Measurement of Wavelength of the Sodium D-lines
- Measurement of the Wavelength Separation of Sodium D-lines
- Study of Refractive Index of gases at varying pressure
- The Refractive Index of Transparency Slice
- The Multi-beam Interference
- Measurement of the Wavelength of He-Ne Laser
- Observation of the Interference of Sodium D-lines
Model PIM # Precision Interferometer parts:
- Demonstration of the principle of Twyman-Green interferometer
- Checking Principle of defects in Optical Components.(Flat Mirrors,
Windows, Prism & Lenses
Model: MIM # Michelson Interferometer parts: P-IM-01 to 07
- P-IM-01: Instrument Base
- P-IM-02: Mirror with Kinematic tilt and linear movement by micrometer
- P-IM-03: Adjustable Mirror with Kinematic tilt
- P-IM-04: Beamsplitter & Compensator Assembly
- P-IM-06: Viewing Telescope
- P-IM-06: Pin Hole Screen / Collimator with kinematic tilt
- P-IM-07: Diffuser glass with mount
- P-IM-08: Kinematic Laser Diode Mount (12 mm dia)
- P-IM-09: Equilateral prism and holding table
- P-IM-10: Air Chamber with Pressure Gauge
- P-IM-11: Fabry Perot Etalon Assembly with Kinematic tilt
- P-IM-12: Laser Diode 3 mW with power supply.
- P-IM-13: He-Ne Laser 1 mW with power supply.
- P-IM-14: Sodium Vapour Lamp 35 watts with power supply.
- P-IM-15: Rotating Slice.
- P-IM-16: Laser Beam Expander Lens
- P-IM-17: He-ne Laser Mount
- Optics: 25 mm diameter (Clear Aperture:20mm), Flatness to »/6 @
- P-IM-02 Kinematic Mirror with Linear movement:
- One division of the micrometer (0.01mm) corresponds to 0.6 ¼
movement of the Mirror.
- P-IM-03 Adjustable Mirror: Coarse Linear travel of 5 mm and movement
along a curve for
- inspection of prism